Saturday, December 18, 2010

Reverb- Make

I'm participating in the reverb project, daily prompts to reflect on and complete the year.  A little confronting completing the year, I'm behind.  The next prompt:

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

I don't consider myself crafty- once I tried to learn how to knit for the meditative benefits.  I'd get so frustrated, the meditative benefits never happened.  I make vision boards but with a little twist.  They're not exactly what I want but pictures and words that make me smile.  I keep them to myself, when I have shared them I hear things like, "You want a boat?  There's no water in Colorado" and don't feel like explaining myself.  I have hundreds of pictures waiting to be glued to poster board.  Now that I have a table I'm looking forward to my time off indulging in creating.

My creative expression, the one where I disappear is cooking and baking.  I've been a little shy of turning my recipes into gluten free recipes, and while I was recovering could not fathom making food.  I ate many spoonfuls of peanut butter standing in front of an open fridge.  The last week I started planning meals, gazing and fantasizing over cookbooks,  imaging who would be with me what we would talk about and how they would love the food.  I make mental notes when with friends of their favorite meals and wishes.  As soon as I get a doctor's note to return on the slimgenics diet my choices will shrink.  In the meantime I'm planning on bacon wrapped shrimp, pulled pork simmered all day, cafe latte's Turtle cake for a birthday and gluten free pancakes and bacon.  Maybe even experiment with bacon chocolate muffins-gf of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment